Glass Fiber Reinforced Gypsum (GFRG) is a composite of high strength alpha gypsum reinforced with glassfibers that can be molded into any shape or size. Some of the benefits of GFRG are that it’s lightweight, superior strength and ease of installation. GFRG is ideal for interior application and is used in a range of architectural applications such as ceilings, column covers, decorative wall panels, domes, bulkheads, light coves, and much more.
GFRG is a cost effective product that offers significant benefits:
- It requires minimal structural support for installation. The installation process is simpler and cost effective.
- GFRG can be formed into complex shapes expanding its usage significantly.
- Plaster is normally cast in place at the job site, where as GFRG products are fabricated. All you need on the job site is installation. This makes deployment of GFRG products much simpler.
- GFRG requires little maintenance and, due to its strength it is resistant to high impacts.
- Due to the lightness of the material, shipping costs are minimized.
- GFRG can address any design intent specified at a lower cost than traditional materials.
MADE Composites has created unique install features for GFRG parts that make installation easier than competing products. An easy install is cost effective, and on larger projects can reduce timelines by weeks., and on larger projects can reduce timelines by weeks.